Last Updated on October 25, 2023 by Ingrid & Alex
When traveling to Southern Italy and especially on the Amalfi Coast, choosing to stay in Sorrento might prove to be a perfect choice. That’s why, I’ll help you choose the best Airbnb in Sorrento Italy, no matter your travel style.
Due to its perfect location, in between most of the attractions you’ll have on your bucket list for this part of Italy, Sorrento boasts amazing accommodation options.
Less than 1 hour by car from Naples or Positano, and only a short boat ride away from the magical island of Capri, Sorrento offers so many other activities, from spending time at the beach to exploring the narrow authentic Italian streets.
Even though you plan to spend a few days here, trust me when I say you won’t want to go away.
This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more about it on our disclosure page here.
What to do in and from Sorrento
Even though I only got to spend a few hours in this magical town, I’m sorry I chose to stay in Naples and not here. That’s because Sorrento has not only the perfect location, but it is also a coquette Italian town.
Here are only a few of the best day trips from Sorrento:
- Go on an Amalfi Boat tour with a stop in Positano – entering Positano from the sea is a unique experience for sure;
- Go on a Capri Boat Tour and enjoy a cruise in the Gulf of Naples;
- Hike the Path of Gods and let yourself be seduced by the breathtaking views of the Amalfi Coast;
- Skip the line and see Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius;
- Take the train for a day trip to Naples and taste the real original pizza;
- Visit Herculaneum on a local train, a UNESCO World Heritage site hosting the Thermal Baths, Forum, and many Roman ruins;
- Don’t leave without seeing Procida island, one of the most colorful places in the world you’ll absolutely love;
- Travel to the Island of Ischia and see the Mortella Botanical Gardens;
Cannot travel just yet? Check out this ultimate gift guide for Italy lovers!
Choose the best Airbnb in Sorrento Italy
Advantages and disadvantages of staying in Sorrento
When it comes to visiting the Amalfi Coast, there are different types of people:
- the ones that wouldn’t take anything else than Positano – fabulous, yet expensive;
- the ones that would prefer staying on the Coast, in a smaller village like Vietri sul Mare, Praiano, or Cetara;
- those who see the potential that Sorrento has and book a stay in this town.
We chose Vietri sul Mare and we absolutely loved our accommodation, however, when I come back I would definitely choose Sorrento as a base camp.
Here are only a few of the advantages and disadvantages you might want to consider:
- Advantage: Much cheaper than Positano, with stunning views
- Advantage: flat, without many stairs to climb
- Advantage: lots of restaurants and shopping choices
- Advantage: ferry for Capri and other important locations on the Amalfi Coast and not only
- Disadvantage: a bit further away from some of the destinations on the Amalfi Coast
Airbnb in Sorrento near the sea
If you want to stay in Sorrento and not only travel around but also spend some time on the beach, check out these stunning Airbnb villa options.
“Sogno” in Italian means dream and it’s easy to understand why the owners chose this name for their apartment. Staying here is a dream come true: from the stunning view, you get from the window directly to the sea, to the charming authentic tiles the apartment is decorated with.
It is a 1 bedroom apartment perfect for 2 people, no matter if you are traveling as a couple or with your BFF.
Its location is right in the port from where all the ferries leave for Ischia, Capri, or even Amalfi and Positano. On top of that, the beach is within walking distance.
Another 2-bedroom apartment suitable for 2 people, with a window heading straight to the port, but also in the city center.
You’ll get to experience living for a few days in one of the oldest buildings in the Marina, mingle with locals, and try traditional fresh food at one of the local trattorias. All while staying in a freshly renovated apartment.
Also in Marina Grande, on the other side of the previous 2 locations, this apartment nestled under Sorrento lemon trees is perfect for 4 people. No matter if you’re traveling with a group of friends or with your kids, this place is perfect because you’ll have a kitchen but also the option to eat at a local restaurant.
I particularly loved the terrace where I could see myself having breakfast overlooking the sea.
Leave everything aside and make sure to check out this place right here! I was absolutely charmed by its garden filled with lemon trees, its authentic Italian front door, and the breathtaking sunset view you get from the private balcony of this 1800 villa.
It is only 10 minutes away from the main square of Sorrento, and it offers one free private parking space.
The villa is suitable for up to 6 people, and it has 2 bathrooms.
Airbnb in Center Sorrento
Different apartments that can host up to 4 people, in the heart of Sorrento, with a beautiful terrace with a sea-view. You’ll get to wake up with Ischia, Mt. Vesuvius, and Procida under your eyes.
A 4-person apartment in the center of Sorrento. Even though it is in the center, you’ll still get to enjoy the beautiful sea from the window.
On top of that, you’ll be close to restaurants, souvenir shops, and public transportation that would take you to Naples or the Amalfi Coast.
Another stylish property is only 15 minutes away from the heart of Sorrento. You will enjoy the peace and quiet, but also the charming authentic decor of the apartment.
It can host up to 5 people in 2 bedrooms, and it has 2 bathrooms and a free parking space. Perfect for groups of friends or families traveling together.
Airbnb with views for days
If you’re planning to rent a car and you prefer to stay a bit outside of town, still close to the most important attractions, but with views for days, here are some Airbnb options you’ll want to check out.
3 double bedrooms that would perfectly accommodate up to 6 persons, only 500 m away from the city center, in a location that offers access to grocery and parking.
What I liked about the apartments, in particular, was its stunning terrace with a neverending blue view, and vicinity to the beach. I think it should be considered by anyone looking for a place with a view of Sorrento.
A larger house, perfect for up to 10 people staying in 4 bedrooms I would consider for a longer vacation stay in Sorrento. The place is located in a smaller authentic Italian village, Torca of Massa Lubrense, guaranteeing tranquility, and an escape from the crowds.
On top of the charming view, you will get from the terrace, this place boasts a small pool and a jacuzzi, the perfect spot for relaxation after a day of exploring.
Airbnb with pool in Sorrento
A room for 2 in a classic villa from the Sorrento area, with a charming design, and access to a garden and a pool.
The location of the villa couldn’t be more perfect, only a few minutes away from the city center and its shopping streets and restaurants.
A stunning villa for up to 4 people, for when you travel with your family or your friends.
I must be honest and say I would move in here forever, just look at that ravishing view of Sorrento and that gorgeous garden with an infinity pool.
Just 4 km outside of the city center of Sorrento, you will find it easy to get anywhere on the Amalfi Coast from here.
Infinity pool, jacuzzi, and sea view, on the Amalfi Coast. What more could you ask for? This is a dream destination for anyone looking to spend a special vacation in Sorrento.
Come here with a large group of friends, or your extended family, because this villa boasts 6 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, and can host up to 16 guests.
If you’re not traveling in a large group, but you still want to take advantage of a stunning location, check out this Airbnb option.
In the heart of the historical center of Sorrento, rent a room for up to 4 people in this beautiful villa with access to the garden and a pool. They offer access to a free parking space and a Belvedere view from where you will get to admire the Bay of Naples.
A medium-sized villa, perfect for up to 10 people, in 4 bedrooms. The swimming pool area with Mt. Vesuvius views caught my attention, but all the other facilities are quite as impressive.
Other things to have in mind when booking an Airbnb in Sorrento Italy
Depending on your travel style, make sure to check some of the following things in order to make the best choice:
- when traveling with the elderly: the location should have good access or at least offer a parking space, make sure there aren’t too many stairs or a steep hill to climb to get to the location;
- when traveling with kids: ask if they accept kids (some locations might not), and choose a location that would not be too dangerous for kids;
- when traveling with pets: make sure to ask the host if they are a pet-friendly location and if they will allow you to bring your furry friend.
Other Amalfi Coast Travel Resources
- Where to go wine tasting on the Amalfi Coast
- Naples and Amalfi Coast 7 day itinerary
- The best Amalfi Coast itineraries: 2 days, 3 days, 5 days, 7 days, Rome & Amalfi Coast in 10 days
- Should you visit Amalfi Coast or Puglia? Or better yet see both with these itinerary options
- Southen Italy itinerary options
- Where to stay in Positano